Thursday, February 26, 2009

Nacogdoches

Listening to: Samson by Regina Spektor on Ben Kweller Pandora.

Hello darlings, it's been a while.
Mainly because my keyboard is a little defective.. but a sweet woman gave me an even sweeter silicone keyboard! Did I mention it was pink?! DUH!

These past four days/nights with the flu (go get your shot folks) have really kept me thinking about people, the past, the future, and other dreadful things. Okay, you're not so dreadful, people.


So I need to get this off my chest... or will simply die.
(Yes, you love my melodramatics)
Years ago...
There was this firefly of a boy.
God... he was -and still very much is- such a beautiful soul.
If you could hand pick every quality I want to spend time with, like wildflowers in a field... bundle them up and tie a pretty ribbon around them... you would have this boy.

Then I did what I do best.. I made a big mess of things. Time went by and I began seeing someone, and life happened. But not a day goes by that I don't wonder what life would have turned out like had I not been so Typical Taylor.

He may be the one that got away, and I kick myself for it.
I miss the long talks and the spontaneous laughs over the phone.
Maybe one day I will get a second chance.

There is a certain beauty in infatuation... In a crush.
It is exactly the way I want it to be... there are no let downs...

There is no getting too comfortable... there is as much lustre as I wish.
But I do wonder what could have been.

Meh....... tomorrow I can blame this on the cough medicine.
Im totally missing you tonight though.

Cheers,
Tay

No comments: