Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Concert Junkie

LISTENING TO: Meg White by Ray Lamontagne

I have seen 36-3465983249561 shows this month. Actually, only 4. But it feels like that many.
Quite an eclectic group, I must say.
Oct21- Girl Talk
- Was fun, but would have been so much better at a smaller venue, with better sound equip, and had there not been a bjillizillion douchebags there. Granted I am 21, but the audience still made ME feel old, not to mention all of my friends. Greg also should not have catered to the douchebag's needs by playing lots of new hip-hop. I enjoy it, but his old stuff is sooooo much better. What happened to Fleetwood Mac? Urgh.
Oct22- Jack's Mannequin
- Bob and Christi. We had a blast. Andrew McMahon is simply amazing. I want to be his piano. I tried so hard to get Ayo to get me a date. It didn't happen much to my dismay. But hey- I threw myself out there.
Oct24- Ray Lamontagne
Meesh, Jen, and Benj! First I had the acorn squash at Dream Cafe. So fun. SOOO good. Ray's voice is decadence. Truly warms my bones. I actually cried during one song. So did the possibly cute guy next to me. He liked my shoes. After the show, we stayed out till 2:30 at this sweet little wine bistro/restaurant. Michael met up with us. I was a 5th wheel, but I loved it.
Oct28- TV on the Radio
SUCH A GREAT PERFORMANCE! I am new to this band, and I am in love. Its so great to see so many very talented musicians come together and create a sound completely original and absolutely profound.

No comments: